Bimil failing with FontFamilyNotFound

While Bimil is primarily Windows application, I use it regularly on Linux. However, when I tried running it on freshly installed Linux Mint 19.3, I was greeted with a quick crash.

Running it from console did shine a bit more light onto the situation as the following line was quite noticeable: [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.ArgumentException: The requested FontFamily could not be found [GDI+ status: FontFamilyNotFound].

As mono is Windows Forms application written in C#, running it on Linux requires a few packages extra. Most of them are actually taken care of with the installation of mono-complete. However, in Linux mint, I found one other dependency I was not aware of - Microsoft fonts.


sudo apt-get install ttf-mscorefonts-installer

One thought to “Bimil failing with FontFamilyNotFound”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *